Last week I was invited to Precious Beauty Salon for a complimentary lash lift service. I had previously had lash extensions and realised that I am just way to rough on my eyes to be able to sustain them, thus the lash lift. Although I technically knew what a lash lift was, when the tech wanted to know what curl I wanted, I realised I didn’t know enough.
WHAT IS A LASH LIFT?
A lash lift is a treatment done on your natural lashes using safe, cream-based solutions that leave them perfectly curled.
With life moving by at such an incredibly fast pace, majority of us are looking for treatments that will cut our time applying make up down even if it is just by a smidge. Lash extensions is something that has been quite a trend for the longest time until sometime last year when the buzz was all about lash lifts. So when I was offered this service I jumped at it, so I could see the difference.
Before I share my thoughts let me show you what my lashes looked like before
The first question I was asked was which curl I want and I said the glammest one hahaha
LASH LIFT PROCESS:
– First your lash tech will cleanse your lashes
– Choose suitable silicon pad to match lash length(this step requires her to ask the above question).
– Glue lashes and brush lashes up in the desired shape/style.
– Once complete, use perming solution(this smells almost like a hair straightener product)
– Remove perming solution.
– Apply neutralizer
– Remove neutralizer
– For those that require a darker lash look, this step will be where the tint gets applied
– Remove silicon pads with two wet cotton pads
And boom, lashes on fleek. #wakeupinyourmakeup
Straight after the service I wasn’t sure how I felt because it was that instant bam in your face effect that you get lash extensions however as I started getting used to it and getting multiple compliments(even one from an other lash tech). I started really loving it. I wake up in the morning now and already look half put together.
This service for anyone who feels lash extensions are too high maintenance or those that love the no make up , make up look.
Until Next Time
Peace and Love